Our Antenatal classes are conducted by experienced Childbirth Educators who facilitate the course in relaxed and informal sessions.
The aim of our antenatal course is to provide an enjoyable, informative forum, where you will gain confidence, and knowledge of what to expect in late pregnancy, labour, birth and early parenting.
The classes are friendly and informal so please wear comfortable clothes.
When choosing a class, we suggest a finishing date approximately one month before your due date. This ensures that you are comfortable in your class and meeting other class mates who have approximately the same due date.
Best to book between 20 – 25 weeks pregnant, as class numbers are limited. To register, please complete the form below.
Class dates and times
We offer two options to cover the 12 hours of antenatal course content.
- Mid-week antenatal classes for six weeks (6.30pm – 8.30pm)
- Weekend antenatal classes held over two consecutive Saturdays (9.00am – 3.30pm)
Both offer the same information but in two different formats.
Antenatal class fees
Our course fee is $100. This covers attendance for you and your partner or birth support person. Supper is included too.
Please note: We do not have eftpos, so please pay by cash or online banking.
Waterford believes that families and whanau should have the opportunity to receive quality pregnancy and parenting education, preparing them for their roles as new parents. Presented by Child Birth Educators, the classes aim to cover the following content:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Pelvic floor awareness
- Positions of the baby at term
- Early labour
- Established labour & birth,
(1st and 2nd stage)
- Birth of the placenta,
- Birth video including water-birth
- Coping with labour & birth
- Positions for labour & birth
- Natural pain relief options
- Medical pain relief options
- Unexpected outcomes
- Role of the support person
- Informed consent
- Birth Plans
- Tour of Waterford Birth Centre
- Early postnatal experiences
- Adjusting to parenting
- Settling baby
- SUDI (Sudden unexpected death in infants)
Antenatal Classes Registration
Course fee = $100
Please pay directly into our bank account below:
(stating your name as reference)
Please pay promptly to secure your place in the class.
If you need to make other financial arrangements, please contact reception.
You will receive a receipt and confirmation of your booking by email or post.