Waterford Birth Centre offers antenatal classes, held in the Education Room on the lower level of the Centre.
These classes are conducted by an experienced Childbirth Educator who facilitates and presents the course in relaxed and informal sessions.
The aim of this antenatal course is to provide an enjoyable, informative forum and to promote confidence in women and their partner's as they experience labour, birth and early parenting.
- Anatomy and physiology
- Pelvic floor awareness
- Positions of the baby at term
- Exercises and stretches to prepare for labour and birth
- Early labour
- Established labour and birth, 1st & 2nd stage
- Delivery of the placenta 3rd stage
- Birth video including water birth
- Coping with labour and birth
- Positions for labour and birth
- Natural pain relief options
- Medical pain relief options
- Unexpected outcomes
- Role of the support person
- Informed consent
- Birth plans
- Tour of facility
- Early postnatal experiences
- Newborn video
- Adjusting to early parenting
- Breast feeding
- Bathing and dressing baby
- Settling baby
Weeknights for 6 consecutive weeks. 7PM to 9PM.
Classes also held on two consecutive Saturdays.
Please contact Waterford Birth Centre at (07) 839-0281 to register. We will post a registration form to you.
Cost $80.00 per course, partners free.
- Tour Waterford Birth Centre
- Virtual Tour
- NEW - Birth Slideshows
- Baby Birth Notices
- Midwifery in New Zealand
- Choose a Midwife (LMC)
- Antenatal Classes
- Postnatal Groups
- Contact Waterford
Use of the facility is FREE for all eligible women